Rail Baltica is the largest Baltic transport infrastructure project that will create the North-East economic corridor. It will be an electrified, high speed railway line with modern infrastructure for passenger and freight services, ensuring environmentally friendly and fast transportation from Tallinn to the Lithuanian-Polish border. Rail Baltica will connect the Baltic States with Central and Western Europe. The project is largely co-financed by the European Union.
RB Rail AS is looking for a new enthusiastic colleague to join our growing team in a position of Bridge Engineer.
The primary responsibilities of Bridge Engineer will be to serve in a technical role including assessing, analysis, review, and expertise of bridge projects ranging from conventional to innovative bridge types, including combined (railway+road) bridge solutions. Bridge Engineer shall ensure that Rail Baltica project implements the most reasonable and cost-effective technical solutions from lifecycle perspective. Responsibility of Bridge Engineer position is dedicated to combined Daugava river bridge in LV-DS2.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
- 7+ years’ experience of bridge engineering in railway infrastructure projects.
- Working knowledge of Eurocodes, international and local technical regulations, standards, and construction law.
- Practical knowledge in design and/or maintenance of steel bridges.
- Experience in railway bridge design for high speed railway (design speed equal to or higher than 240km/h) is considered as significant advantage.
- Experience in large scale bridge projects (spans > 50 m) is required; experience in combined (railway+road) bridge design will be considered as significant advantage.
- Preferable but not mandatory, professional certificates in accordance with the legislation of the expert’s country of origin.
- Solid verbal and written presentation skills.
- Technical mindset.
- Fluent in English; good understanding of technical terms.
- High ethical standards, honesty, and impeccable reputation.
- Resilient to coping with conflicting demands, able to prioritize duties and work under pressure.
- Able to benchmark and apply best practices of large infrastructure projects.
- Strives for continuous improvement and precision in every detail.
- Ability to work with diverse teams.
- Assess, analyse, review and expertise complex structural bridge designs for all structural aspects of railroad projects including railway bridges, road bridges and other rail related structures (noise barriers, retaining walls, etc.).
- Review bridge drawings, specifications, cost estimates, oversee geometric layouts, checking the design calculations, assign work tasks to engineers/ suppliers, oversee the quality of deliverables, and develop scopes of work and engineering fee estimates.
- In accordance with the employer’s request and within the scope of the work responsibilities, to participate in the technical meetings as Client representative.
- To develop a state-of-the-art Structural Health Monitoring System for Rail Baltica bridges and evaluate proposed structures from maintenance and lifecycle cost perspective.
- To develop Rail Baltica bridge register and asset management system in cooperation with BIM manager.
- To work out all construction and maintenance requirements for Rail Baltica bridges together with consultants/ 3rd party suppliers.
- To prepare a list of supporting studies and budget, support preparing technical specifications for public procurements and manage contract implementation.
- Close cooperation with the national Implementing Bodies, Latvian State Roads and other stakeholders.
- To support design supervision and construction procurement process and ensure Rail Baltica bridges and structures development according Design Guideline during construction works.
- To provide general consultations for RB Rail AS project managers during design and construction period.
Any RB RAIL AS Branch office as per preferences (Riga, Vilnius or Tallinn).
Starting from 3000 EUR (before taxes).
If you are willing to be a part of the challenging and unique project, and your experience and personality match the position’s requirements, please, send your CV and motivation letter in English with the subject “BRIDGE ENGINEER” to RB Rail AS recruitment partners SIA “Recruitment Latvia”: email@example.com by November 4, 2021.
By submitting this application (CV, motivation letter, etc) the applicant provides the authorisation for the processing of personal data by RB Rail AS (“Controller”) and SIA “Recruitment Latvia”, Reg. No 40003955719, as its respective recruitment partners. The personal data indicated in the application documents will be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring processes only as is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f ) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation)
RB Rail AS | Reg. No. 40103845025 | Address: K. Valdemāra iela 8, Riga, Latvia, LV-1010 | www.railbaltica.org
Apply for the vacancy "Bridge Engineer"
Recruitment Latvia, SIA. Address: Rīga, K.Valdemāra 33-35. Reg.No 40003955719. Licence issued by the State Employment Agency No 56 (18.04.2008). Ph. 67356120.