Rail Baltica is the largest Baltic transport infrastructure project that will create the North-East economic corridor. It will be an electrified, high speed railway line with modern infrastructure for passenger and freight services, ensuring environmentally friendly and fast transportation from Tallinn to the Lithuanian-Polish border. Rail Baltica will connect the Baltic States with Central and Western Europe. The project is largely co-financed by the European Union.
RB Rail AS is looking for a new enthusiastic colleague to join our growing team in a position of EXPERTISE PROJECT MANAGER.
The primary responsibilities of Expertise Project Manager will be to manage Design Review and Design Expertise services for Detailed Technical Design sections locally.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering
- 7+ years’ experience as civil engineer
- 3+ years’ experience in cooperation with customers, project management is desired
- Knowledge and practical application FIDIC conditions of contract for design/or construction desired
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite, and cad/modelling software. Strong working knowledge of MS Project or other similar planning tools
- Experience in working with local standards and international standards such as Eurocodes
- Project management experience (budgeting, estimating / forecasting / costing and reporting, resources planning, allocation and management
- Fluent in English and local language, and a good command of technical English
SKILLS & ABILITIES & MINDSET
- Well-developed communication skills, with ability to effectively interact with both the business partners and internal technical team members
- Outstanding organizational abilities and technical mindset
- Resilient to coping with conflicting demands, able to prioritize duties and work under pressure
- High ethical standards, honesty and impeccable reputation
- Able to benchmark and apply best practices of large infrastructure projects
- Solid oral and written presentation skills
- Strive for continuous improvement and precision in every detail.
- Lead and manage the Design Review and Design Expertise project activity for Rail Baltica Detailed Technical Design sections in respective territory
- Coordinate on a regular basis with respective Expertise Service Provider and organize and facilitate project team meetings to achieve the planned results
- Develop tasks and objectives, ensure that all tasks are delivered on-time, in quality, within scope and budget
- Coordinate and control internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of tasks ensuring the delivery of the global project
- Assist Technical Project Managers and other team members on assigned daily technical tasks and participate in meetings
- Organize and facilitate project team meetings to achieve the planned results
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- In accordance with the employer’s request and within the scope of the work responsibilities, to participate in the preparation of technical specifications and participate at the RB Rail AS public procurement committees
- Close cooperation with national Implementing Bodies and other stakeholders
- Measure project performance and report to Country Technical Director
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain project documentation within the scope of the work responsibilities
Located in Tallinn (Estonia).
Starting from 3300 EUR gross (before taxes).
Rail Baltica ambition is to plan, monitor and control the delivery the new best-in-class, innovative, environmentally friendly railway infrastructure with cost competitive technical solution in the region to improve the long-term well-being of the society of the Baltic States and European community. Rail Baltica plans, develops and manages all technical aspects of entire Rail Baltica project to achieve cross-border interoperability. RB Rail AS is the three Baltic States’ joint venture, it was established in October 2014 and is registered in Latvia. Main business of the joint venture is the design, construction and marketing of the railway. RB Rail acts as a main coordinator of the project.
If you are willing to be a part of the challenging and unique project, and your experience and personality match the position’s requirements, please, send your CV and motivation letter in English with the subject “EXPERTISE PROJECT MANAGER” to RB Rail AS recruitment partners SIA “Recruitment Latvia” by August 15, 2021.
By submitting this application (CV, motivation letter, etc) the applicant provides the authorisation for the processing of personal data by RB Rail AS (“Controller”) and SIA “Recruitment Latvia”, Reg. No 40003955719, as its respective recruitment partners. The personal data indicated in the application documents will be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring processes only as is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f ) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation)
RB Rail AS | Reg. No. 40103845025 | Address: K. Valdemāra iela 8, Riga, Latvia, LV-1010 | www.railbaltica.org
Apply for the vacancy "Expertise project manager (Estonia)"
Recruitment Latvia, SIA. Address: Rīga, K.Valdemāra 33-35. Reg.No 40003955719. Licence issued by the State Employment Agency No 56 (18.04.2008). Ph. 67356120.