Rail Baltica is the largest Baltic transport infrastructure project that will create the North-East economic corridor. It will be an electrified, high speed railway line with modern infrastructure for passenger and freight services, ensuring environmentally friendly and fast transportation from Tallinn to the Lithuanian-Polish border. Rail Baltica will connect the Baltic States with Central and Western Europe. The project is largely co-financed by the European Union.
RB Rail AS is looking for a new enthusiastic colleague to join our growing team in a position of HEAD OF THE RB RAIL AS LATVIAN BRANCH
Head of the RB Rail AS Latvian Branch is responsible for implementing Rail Baltica country specific activities under RB Rail AS portfolio and directing and supervising the Rail Baltica project on behalf of RB Rail AS in Latvia. In particular, planning, and managing of country specific activities, relationship management with Latvian national stakeholders, managing the project’s direction in accordance with the objectives and best practices. In addition, Head of Branch will be responsible to report regularly the status in Latvia to senior leadership and facilitate issue/risk management and drive the project to successful completion. The position is also responsible for the RB Rail AS Latvian branch office administrative operations.
- 10+ years of senior level management experience with a proven track record of success managing small-to-large scale projects (preferably in international/cross border, infrastructure construction projects);
- Must have project management budgeting, estimating/forecasting/costing and reporting experience;
- Must have experience with a proven track record of the use of project management tools and integrated control techniques;
- Experience in, construction and/or engineering, or railways preferred but not required;
- Professional cooperation with all levels of leadership (Management and Supervisory board, Directors, etc.) and engaging with and co-ordinating multiple stakeholders;
- University degree in Social Sciences (Economics, Law), Business Administration, Finances or Engineering;
- Fluent in Business English, Latvian;
SKILLS & ABILITIES & MINDSET
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence both business resources on the right direction / approach to take;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with both the business partners and internal technical team members;
- High ethical standards, honesty and impeccable reputation;
- Able to benchmark and apply best practices of large infrastructure projects and organizations;
- Strives for continuous improvement and precision in every detail.
- Leads RB Rail AS Latvian Branch office team (administrative leadership) and leads the teams of experts involved in country specific activities (project leadership);
- Manages, plans, oversees and bears primary responsibility for duly implementation of Rail Baltica country specific activities in Latvia in line with the established plans for the Global Project, Project Management guidelines and other regulations of RB Rail AS;
- Works in close co-operation with the Technical Director of RB Rail AS Latvian Branch to ensure sustainable Rail Baltica implementation from project management and technical perspective;
- Proactively organizes, engages with and manages the stakeholder relationships ensuring active, productive and result oriented stakeholder involvement. The stakeholder management inter alia includes the following responsibilities: (i) keeps Management Board, team members and program stakeholders informed of critical issues, project status, changes, etc. on a consistent basis; (ii) cooperates with local, regional, and national stakeholders and communicates with internal and external project developers; (iii) works on improvements of the stakeholder management processes in coordination with RB Rail AS Head of Strategic stakeholders and communications;
- Implements and respects the matrix organisation approach of RB Rail AS, including (i) works in partnership with the departments of RB Rail AS to create accurate and timely updates, to prioritize and escalate issues, and to facilitate resolutions; (ii) facilitates meetings with all levels of RB Rail AS, clearly articulating objectives, keeping people focused and walking out with identified action items and next steps;
- Identifies and resolves barriers precluding team members from making progress;
- Coordinates communications, escalates and facilitates the resolution of risks, issues and changes;
- Maintains transparent visibility of project status, issues, direction, decisions, etc., establishing themselves as a trusted advisor;
- Comes up with mitigation options to project issues/challenges (w/o waiting on direction) and always puts forward a recommendation with supporting justification;
- Manages budgets in terms of estimating forecasts, tracking actuals, reporting discrepancies and making adjustments accordingly;
- Coordinating cross-border affairs and interests on technical aspects, consensus building, and sustaining relationships;
- Executes transactions in the name of RB Rail AS Latvian branch;
- Represents the Branch in relations with natural persons and legal entities, any state, municipal and private establishments, sworn notaries, institutions and organisations, including but not limited to the Register of Enterprises of the Republic of Latvia, the State Revenue Service of the Republic of Latvia and customs authorities, with the rights to sign, submit and to receive any documents from these institutions in relation to RB Rail AS Latvian branch.
Starting from 5300 EUR gross (before taxes).
RB RAIL AS office in Riga, Latvia
Rail Baltica ambition is to plan, monitor and control the delivery the new best-in-class, innovative, environmentally friendly railway infrastructure with cost competitive technical solution in the region to improve the long-term well-being of the society of the Baltic States and European community. Rail Baltica plans, develops and manages all technical aspects of entire Rail Baltica project to achieve cross-border interoperability. RB Rail AS is the three Baltic States’ joint venture, it was established in October 2014 and is registered in Latvia. Main business of the joint venture is the design, construction and marketing of the railway. RB Rail acts as a main coordinator of the project.
If you are willing to be a part of the challenging and unique project, and your experience and personality match the position’s requirements, please, send your CV and motivation letter in English with the subject “HEAD OF THE RB RAIL AS LATVIAN BRANCH” to RB Rail AS recruitment partners SIA “Recruitment Latvia”: email@example.com by October 20, 2021.
By submitting this application (CV, motivation letter, etc) the applicant provides the authorisation for the processing of personal data by RB Rail AS (“Controller”) and SIA “Recruitment Latvia”, Reg. No 40003955719, as its respective recruitment partners. The personal data indicated in the application documents will be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring processes only as is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f ) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation)
RB Rail AS | Reg. No. 40103845025 | Address: K. Valdemāra iela 8, Riga, Latvia, LV-1010 | www.railbaltica.org
Apply for the vacancy "HEAD OF THE RB RAIL AS LATVIAN BRANCH"
Recruitment Latvia, SIA. Address: Rīga, K.Valdemāra 33-35. Reg.No 40003955719. Licence issued by the State Employment Agency No 56 (18.04.2008). Ph. 67356120.