Rail Baltica is a once-in-a-lifetime infrastructure megaproject –if you’re looking for meaningful work in an international setting, look no further. This is where you can make an impact to be proud of.
You will lend a hand in integrating the Baltic States into the European rail network and building a new economic corridor to bring long-term benefits to the Baltic region and its people. You will work with a cross-border team of more than 200 brightest minds in the industry.
We are looking for a new enthusiastic colleague to join our growing team in the position of IT SYSTEMS ARCHITECT.
Plan and develop IT systems and solutions according to user requirements and project goals. Systems Architect has the design authority within project related IT Systems of Rail Baltica Global Project. Decide on, and enforce the use of IT systems best practices, methodologies and procedures.
What’s in it for You
- A job with purpose and impact
- Exceptional international project experience
- Innovation-driven work
- Professional and self-development
- Flexible work arrangement
- Benefits and Bonus programme
- Supportive network of professionals
- Salary from 4000 EUR gross (before taxes)
We will entrust You to
- Designs and integrates IT systems and solutions which meet service level requirements;
- Establishes system architecture principles and standards across Rail Baltica project contributors (RB Rail, Implementing Bodies);
- Primary focus is the systems architecture of Technical Division’s requirements, such as:
Common Data Environment (CDE) for project technical and graphical documentation delivery and exchange;
Geographic Information System (GIS) integration;
Contract Management system integration;
MS SharePoint system integration;
Project Planning, Scheduling and Risk management system integration;
Railway Asset Management system integration;
Document and maintain an inventory of applications and their integration points;
Providing architecturally complaint technical advice to non-technical meetings.
- Defines systems architecture technical target picture, which is in line with user requirements described in cooperation with Business Development team and internal IT systems;
- Creates system roadmaps leading to infrastructure architecture target picture, taking into account technology lifecycle;
- Establishes architectural compliancy procedure and ensures IT solutions alignment/compliance with systems roadmaps, systems architecture principles and standards;
- Supports Rail Baltica Global Project with IT systems planning expertise – analyze needs in different departments, describe user requirements and plan long term sustainable and interoperable IT systems;
- Identifies process automation potential and suggests improvements to reduce repetitive tasks, visualize progress and increase productivity of the work;
- Initiates projects to achieve IT systems target picture;
- Participates in other departments projects as a project architect to provide expertise, to help mapping risks, to ensure that project follows the architectural standards and is aligned with technical target picture;
- Forecasts capacity, availability, interoperability and security requirements for IT Systems and ensures that these can be achieved with reasonable cost;
- Follows and understands latest technology, solutions, and industry trends;
- Collaborates with technical leaders, inside and outside of the organization, to identify and scope the IT systems related opportunities, identify risks and constraints;
- Uses and promotes the use of IT systems best practices, methodologies, and procedures;
- Mentors, develops and assists in building, implementing, and operating IT solutions.
- In accordance with the employer’s request and within the scope of the work responsibilities, to participate in the preparation of technical specifications and participate at the RB Rail AS public procurement committees.
To succeed, you should have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in IT, Systems Engineering or relevant
- 5+ years of practical experience in IT systems engineering and architecture (experience in rail industry will be considered as an advantage);
- Experience with design and deployment of SaaS based solutions;
- Industry awareness of latest trends and activity for their respective area;
- Experience with 3D modelling and design tools in large infrastructure projects, BIM systems, large scale planning tools (Oracle Primavera P6, Safran etc) is not required but would give a strong advantage;
- Outstanding organizational abilities and technical mindset;
- Resilient to coping with conflicting demands, able to prioritize duties and work under pressure;
- Fluent in English and good command of technical English;
- Requires Experience with Information Assurance/Security; Hardware Configuration; Software Configuration and Virtual Environments;
- Has experience of cloud-based solution delivery, preferably in Azure.
- High ethical standards, honesty, and impeccable reputation;
- Able to benchmark and apply best practices of large infrastructure projects;
- Strives for continuous improvement and perfectionism in every detail;
- Adventurous mind, willingness to discover unknown and to contribute in building up Digital Rail Baltica;
- Must have strong communication skills and a willingness to work in a team environment.
RB RAIL AS office in Riga, Latvia
If you are willing to be a part of the challenging and unique project, and your experience and personality match the position’s requirements, please, send your CV and motivation letter in English with the subject “IT System Architect” to RB Rail AS recruitment partners SIA “Recruitment Latvia”: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 27, 2022.
RB Rail AS as a controller and SIA Recruitment Latvia as its respective partner ensures that data processing within recruitment process (for recruitment and hiring related purposes) is carried out in accordance with regulations on the protection of personal data processing.
More information regarding candidates’ personal data processing is available here:
Candidate’s Personal Data Privacy Note
Apply for the vacancy "IT System Architect"
Recruitment Latvia, SIA. Address: Rīga, K.Valdemāra 33-35. Reg.No 40003955719. Licence issued by the State Employment Agency No 56 (18.04.2008). Ph. 67356120.