Rail Baltica is the largest Baltic transport infrastructure project that will create the North-East economic corridor. It will be an electrified, high speed railway line with modern infrastructure for passenger and freight services, ensuring environmentally friendly and fast transportation from Tallinn to the Lithuanian-Polish border. Rail Baltica will connect the Baltic States with Central and Western Europe. The project is largely co-financed by the European Union.
RB Rail AS is looking for a new enthusiastic colleague to join our growing team in a position of RAILWAY TRACK EXPERT.
The primary responsibilities of Railway Track Expert will be to serve in a lead technical role including planning, analysis, design, design review, work supervision and commissioning of the railway alignment, track superstructure and right-of-way through whole project.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Railway or Civil Engineering;
- 5+ years’ experience of railway track engineering, design, supervision and acceptance;
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D or other similar design tools;
- Project management experience (budgeting, estimating / forecasting / costing and reporting, resources planning, allocation and management;
- Well-developed communication and leading skills, with ability to effectively interact with both the business partners and internal technical team members;
- Outstanding organizational abilities and technical mindset;
- Fluent in English and one of Baltic languages would be advantageous, and a good command of technical English;
- Resilient to coping with conflicting demands, able to prioritize duties and work under pressure;
- High ethical standards, honesty and impeccable reputation;
- Able to benchmark and apply best practices of large infrastructure projects;
- Strive for continuous improvement and precision in every detail;
- Highly developed communication skills and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Lead and supervision of design process of railway track superstructure, track layouts and alignment. Checking and approving of the design solutions of railway alignment and track.
- Develop requirements, review and check design solutions of railway track from maintainability and accessibility perspective.
- Communication to Consultants regarding RB Rail technical input on railway alignment technical parameters, superstructure design supervision, checking and approving the design solutions for railway alignment, track superstructure, track layouts, turnouts and structural clearances.
- Perform conceptual design of railway track geometry sections where Consultant of master or detailed design is not assigned for corresponding design activities, assign work and oversee the quality of deliverables, and develop scopes of design work or studies
- Close cooperation with national Implementing Bodies.
- In accordance with the employer’s request and within the scope of the work responsibilities, participation in the technical expert groups and preparation of technical specifications of procurement.
- To ensure general supervision for Rail Baltica track superstructure during construction works
- To provide general consultations for RB Rail AS project managers during design and construction period.
- To act as project manager (client representative) in own responsibility area (studies or other expert assignments) or co-project Manager.
Starting from 2900 EUR gross (before taxes).
Full time located in Riga, Latvia
Rail Baltica ambition is to plan, monitor and control the delivery the new best-in-class, innovative, environmentally friendly railway infrastructure with cost competitive technical solution in the region to improve the long-term well-being of the society of the Baltic States and European community. Rail Baltica plans, develops and manages all technical aspects of entire Rail Baltica project to achieve cross-border interoperability. RB Rail AS is the three Baltic States’ joint venture, it was established in October 2014 and is registered in Latvia. Main business of the joint venture is the design, construction and marketing of the railway. RB Rail acts as a main coordinator of the project.
If you are willing to be a part of the challenging and unique project, and your experience and personality match the position’s requirements, please, send your CV and motivation letter in English with the subject “RAILWAY TRACK EXPERT” to RB Rail AS recruitment partners SIA “Recruitment Latvia”: email@example.com by October 20, 2021.
By submitting this application (CV, motivation letter, etc) the applicant provides the authorisation for the processing of personal data by RB Rail AS (“Controller”) and SIA “Recruitment Latvia”, Reg. No 40003955719, as its respective recruitment partners. The personal data indicated in the application documents will be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring processes only as is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f ) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation)
RB Rail AS | Reg. No. 40103845025 | Address: K. Valdemāra iela 8, Riga, Latvia, LV-1010 | www.railbaltica.org
Apply for the vacancy "Railway Track Expert| Latvia"
Recruitment Latvia, SIA. Address: Rīga, K.Valdemāra 33-35. Reg.No 40003955719. Licence issued by the State Employment Agency No 56 (18.04.2008). Ph. 67356120.