Rail Baltica is the largest Baltic transport infrastructure project that will create the North-East economic corridor. It will be an electrified, high speed railway line with modern infrastructure for passenger and freight services, ensuring environmentally friendly and fast transportation from Tallinn to the Lithuanian-Polish border. Rail Baltica will connect the Baltic States with Central and Western Europe. The project is largely co-financed by the European Union.
RB Rail AS is looking for a new enthusiastic colleague to join our growing team in a position of Senior Railway RAMS Engineer.
The Senior Railway RAMS Engineer provides support to the RAM and Risk Management Process for RBR project Systems such as Track System, ETCS & Communication, Power System and Railway Facilities (Maintenance Depot, Train Stations, Trains terminals, others) considering specific designers and contractors RAM and Safety risk assessment reviews and preparation of qualitative and quantitative RAM and Safety risk analysis, RAM and Safety plan, RAM and Safety verification & validation plan and safety report. Ensure that the RAMS policy is propagated and disseminated throughout design and implementation phases and to verify and validate the RAM & safety goals and objectives of the RBR project systems are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and it is compliant with the Eu directives 796, 797, 798, EU Regulation 402, EN 50126, EN 50128 and EN 50129 when applied.
- RAMS Engineer with at least 10 years’ experience in the Railway Industry and at least 3 years’ experience related to at least one of the systems such as: Track subsystem, Civil Infrastructure, ETCS & Communication, Power subsystem or Rail facilities (Maintenance Depot, Train Stations, Trains terminals, others) as part of supplier safety organization, or Railway Engineering services, consultant , or Infrastructure Manager safety division. Experience in Rolling stock system, equipment and component is a plus.
- Proof of work experience for at least one cases of development, review and management of RAMS qualitative and quantitative requirement applied for Rail systems defined above.
- Proof of work experience for at least three cases of development, review and management on the following: RAMS program, RAM Plan and Safety Plan, RAMS verification & validation plans, safety cases, based on EN50126, and/or EN50128 and EN50129 applied for Rail systems defined above.
- Proof of work experience for at least one case of development, review and management of RAM and Risk management program based on EN50126, and/or EN50128 and EN50129 applied for Rail systems defined above.
- Desirable knowledge of EU directive 796, 797 and 798 and EU Regulation 402.
- Desirable knowledge of the Standards ISO 31000 and other standards applicable for development of functional safety.
- Proof of significant work experience in RAM qualitative methods such as FMEA, RCM, HRA applied for Rail systems defined above including hardware and/or software applications.
- Proof of significant work experience in RAM quantitative methods such as implementation such as RAM analysis (RBD model and Monte Carlo simulation), LDA, Spare part as part of RAM Analysis and LCC as part of RAM Analysis applied for Rail systems defined above including hardware and/or software applications.
- Desirable knowledge of DFR methods such as ALT, HALT, HASS, RGA.
- Desirable knowledge of ILS program and supportability analysis.
- Proof of significant work experience in risk analysis using qualitative methods implementation such as PHA, Functionals hazards analysis, SIL analysis, FMEA, HAZOP, HRA applied for Rail systems defined above including hardware and/or software applications.
- Proof of significant work experience in risk analysis using quantitative methods implementation such as FTA ETA, LOPA, Bow Tie and Common Cause analysis applied for Rail systems defined above.
- Proof of significant work experience using the following software application: HBK/ReliaSoft Weibull ++, HBK Reliasoft Blocksim++.
- The proof of significant work experience using MTTF BQR, BQR APM Optmizer, Weibull Isograph, Isograph Workbench or others are also good reference.
- Proof of significant work experience using the following software: Reliasoft Blocksim FTA.
- The proof of significant work experience using Isograph FTA or others are also good reference.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Desirable C1 level certificate.
- EU citizenship proof until the contract signed date.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree or experience
- Desirable Functional Safety Certification (Professional or Expert) for one of the following standards: EN 50129, ISO 26262, EN 13849, EN 62061.
- Desirable Reliasoft CRP (Certified Reliability Professional) or ASQ CRE (Certified Reliability Engineer).
SKILLS & ABILITIES & MINDSET
- Teamwork, self-motivated, independent, adaptability, proactive, strong safety culture, very good communication, critical thinking, open minded
- Review safety RBR internal guidelines and procedures.
- Support the RAMS policy propagation towards RBR project.
- Support the review of Risk Analysis and Risk Management of the RBR project designers and contractors.
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative risk analysis for RBR project systems.
- Support the Risk Management process RBR project.
- Prepare railway system safety case for RBR project.
- Prepare railway system safety verification and validation plan documentation for RBR project.
- Support RBR project suppliers and contractor’s safety Audit.
- Provide technical expertise during AsBo evaluation concerning Risk Assessment for RBR project
- Review AsBo reports checking the suitability of assessment conclusions for RBR project.
- Provide technical expertise at RB Safety Review Panel when requested.
- Support RAM activities when necessary and requested.
Starting from 7000 EUR gross (before taxes).
Full time located in Vilnius (Lithuania) or Tallinn (Estonia) as per preferences.
Rail Baltica ambition is to plan, monitor and control the delivery the new best-in-class, innovative, environmentally friendly railway infrastructure with cost competitive technical solution in the region to improve the long-term well-being of the society of the Baltic States and European community. Rail Baltica plans, develops and manages all technical aspects of entire Rail Baltica project to achieve cross-border interoperability. RB Rail AS is the three Baltic States’ joint venture, it was established in October 2014 and is registered in Latvia. Main business of the joint venture is the design, construction and marketing of the railway. RB Rail acts as a main coordinator of the project.
If you are willing to be a part of the challenging and unique project, and your experience and personality match the position’s requirements, please, send your CV and motivation letter in English with the subject “SENIOR RAILWAY RAMS ENGINEER” to RB Rail AS recruitment partners SIA “Recruitment Latvia”: email@example.com by September 2, 2021.
By submitting this application (CV, motivation letter, etc) the applicant provides the authorisation for the processing of personal data by RB Rail AS (“Controller”) and SIA “Recruitment Latvia”, Reg. No 40003955719, as its respective recruitment partners. The personal data indicated in the application documents will be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring processes only as is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f ) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation)
RB Rail AS | Reg. No. 40103845025 | Address: K. Valdemāra iela 8, Riga, Latvia, LV-1010 | www.railbaltica.org
Apply for the vacancy "Senior Railway RAMS Engineer"
Recruitment Latvia, SIA. Address: Rīga, K.Valdemāra 33-35. Reg.No 40003955719. Licence issued by the State Employment Agency No 56 (18.04.2008). Ph. 67356120.