Rail Baltica is a once-in-a-lifetime infrastructure megaproject –if you’re looking for meaningful work in an international setting, look no further. This is where you can make an impact to be proud of.
You will lend a hand in integrating the Baltic States into the European rail network and building a new economic corridor to bring long-term benefits to the Baltic region and its people. You will work with a cross-border team of more than 200 brightest minds in the industry.
We are looking for a new enthusiastic colleague to join our growing team in the position of TRANSPORT MODELLER.
This position will contribute a critical expertise and capacity to the Rail Baltica project, henceforth “the project”, with respect to a variety of tasks including (i) supporting the development of the new Rail Baltica demand model, (ii) implementing transport demand modelling and forecasts for international, regional and urban traffic, using the Rail Baltica demand model as well as developing target analyses and impact assessments for specific necessities, (iii) supporting socio-economic analyses related to the impact of the project, environmental and life-cycle impact analyses, including contributing to the implementation of the project upcoming cost-benefit analysis study and business plan, as well as other studies related to the long-term development of Rail Baltica.
What’s in it for You
- A job with purpose and impact
- Exceptional international project experience
- Innovation-driven work
- Professional and self-development
- Flexible work arrangement
- Benefits and Bonus programme
- Supportive network of professionals
- Salary from 3300 EUR gross (before taxes).
We will entrust You to
- Supports the activities related to the development of the Rail Baltica global project demand model.
- Performs demand modelling and forecasts analyses related to the project, using the Rail Baltica global project demand model as well as developing targeted analyses.
- Supports and performs socio-economic as well as impacts analyses and studies related to the long-term development of Rail Baltica.
- Support the development of key horizontal studies, including but not limited to transport demand model, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Long-Term Business Plan, Infrastructure Access Charging Study, international and regional station development studies, and other key Global Project studies/analyses managed or supported by the Strategy & Development team.
- Works closely with the Transport Economist and acts as deputy manager for project-related socio-economic studies.
- Performs data collection activities on subjects of interest.
- Performs scientific review and international benchmarking activities on subjects of interest.
- Supports activities performed by other Rail Baltica departments, related, but not limited to, station design and operation, system operation, value engineering, etc, as per Transport Economist or Head of Department requests.
- Supports the broader activities of the Strategy & Development team.
- Actively participates in the identification and design of upcoming studies, as per Global Project needs and Strategy & Development team subject priorities, as well as in the implementation of the administrative procedures required for their internal and external approval.
- Works closely with Transport Economist and Strategy & Development Project Coordinator to ensure compliance of performed tasks and projects with the company’s project management guidelines and other administrative, reporting, and legal requirements.
To succeed, you should have
- Sc. degree in transportation engineering, transport economics, logistics, and other fields relatable to the quantitative analysis applied to transport studies and demand modelling; Ph.D. in transport studies, mathematical modelling or related field as well as professional certificates and advanced training in subjects related to transport engineering or economics will be viewed as an advantage.
- At least 3 years professional experience related to transport planning, transport economics and engineering in a professional industry environment – either on service provider side or client side will be viewed as an advantage.
- A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate expert knowledge of the usage of transport modelling commercial software packages, including PTV VISUM, as well as coding skills in (open) software languages commonly used in the transportation field.
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft 365 productivity tools, including but not limited to Teams and office suite, as well as strong overall computer and online literacy.
- Fluency in English as the primary working language (both written and spoken, at least CEFR language proficiency level C1, with a deep familiarity with multimodal transport and logistics terminology.
- Strong sense of initiative and responsibility.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to work in a closely collaborative team environment.
- Resilience to coping with complexity and conflicting demands; high stress resistance.
- High ethical standards, integrity and an impeccable reputation.
- Commitment to excellence and continuous improvement.
Full time located in Riga, Latvia
If you are willing to be a part of the challenging and unique project, and your experience and personality match the position’s requirements, please, send your CV and motivation letter in English with the subject “Transport Modeller” to RB Rail AS recruitment partners SIA “Recruitment Latvia”: email@example.com by January 20, 2022.
By submitting this application (CV, motivation letter, etc) the applicant provides the authorisation for the processing of personal data by RB Rail AS (“Controller”) and SIA “Recruitment Latvia”, Reg. No 40003955719, as its respective recruitment partners. The personal data indicated in the application documents will be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring processes only as is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f ) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation)
Apply for the vacancy "Transport Modeller"
Recruitment Latvia, SIA. Address: Rīga, K.Valdemāra 33-35. Reg.No 40003955719. Licence issued by the State Employment Agency No 56 (18.04.2008). Ph. 67356120.